Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

With the counter wiped clean and the dishtowel neatly folded, I let the swaying pepper tree branches out the kitchen window capture my thoughts. And for a moment, I was back 12 years ago when my kids were 2 and 4.
We’d just finished watching a Pooh bear movie and we wanted to see how our “just because” party compared to that of the hundred-acre wood. I still remember chocolate pudding smeared across my daughter’s smile and onto her tiny glasses. And the way my son giggled watching our puppy lick apple juice from plastic tea cups.
I wonder if my heavenly father looks back on my tender, early years with a sigh, I thought. Does He smile recalling times when I stumbled and fell, only to pull myself back up on wobbly legs? Does He remember my childhood giggles and my innocence, the difficult lessons learned with adolescence?
How patient He has been with me over the years; through all my mistakes, my careless words, and the times I refused to listen to Him. He was there when my parents divorced, when loved ones passed away and He was still there with arms open and ready to embrace me when I chose to make Him my savior and best friend.
With a grateful heart, I thank you, Lord for being my true Father. Through all the seasons of life, all the lessons learned – you’ve picked me up, dusted me off and embraced me. Thank you for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails