Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Leaps of Faith!


I’d been married to my dear, sweet husband for 20 years. We were fortunate enough to celebrate the pivotal moment in another world completely foreign to me. And I do mean “foreign.”
Originally, Matt was scheduled to head to Paris, France, for the 4th time in his career. However, this trip meant he would be gone on our 20th Anniversary! He was going to be a whole country away for our 20th? I don’t think so!
So, he came up with the perfect idea: “Hey, why don’t you just fly over and meet me, and we can spend a few days together after I’m finished with my work?”
Thus began my nail biting...me? In a plane? For how many hours???

Now, you have to understand that I am definitely a west coast gal, barely stepping foot outside of the California border. I grew up in the mountains about an hour south of Yosemite National park with horses, dogs and small-town ways. For me to board a plane, defy gravity and all logic and fly at 35,000 feet for 11 hours would literally take an act of God. Well, it just so happened that the Lord breathed his blessing on our plans. Before I could work my lips around bon appetit or figure out the difference between oui and bon jour, I found myself standing on the 16th floor of a Marriott staring teary-eyed at the Paris skyline.
I couldn’t believe where I was, nor could I comprehend the miracle of my travel there.

My point?

I would have missed out on one of the highlights of my life had I given in to my own fears and apprehensions.

When the Lord presents you with opportunities to grow, see, experience and do awesome things, take a that leap of faith! You'll be so glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails