Friday, September 17, 2010

Elasto-Mom


Do you ever feel tested? Like you’re on a carousel that never stops spinning? Or worse yet, like a puppet on a string, and the puppeteer gains great pleasure in dragging you through mud puddles over and over again just for laughs. Oops, did I write that out loud? There I go again giving away some of my naughtier moments of childhood (insert sinister smile).

I’ve certainly been tested this week holding down the castle with my husband out of the country on a business trip. I’m used to him being away a few days at a time – just goes with the territory, but this week has been an unusual strain physically, emotionally and logistically. The good news? He’s flying back home today! The other good news? Romans 8:28:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those

who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

It’s easy to feel like we’re fighting the battles alone when we’re in the middle of them. It’s after the smoke clears and we get a moment to catch our breath that we realize we couldn’t have survived a second of it without the presence of a mighty, loving God who promised never to leave us nor forsake us.

You’re not alone in your battles today. The One who conquered the grave is on your side. He sees your sacrifice. He knows your frustrations, and He knows just what you need.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will

give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails