Thursday, May 12, 2011

His Incredible Timing!

(Diverting from the normal blog-type post to share a quick praise…..)

Flowers of the Heartphoto © 2008 Bee Thalin | more info (via: Wylio)

I left work right on time yesterday, picked up kids, dropped off kids, ran to fill a prescription at the pharmacy, stopped to grab a pizza, then took one quick dash around the grocery store. I pulled up in front of the house, turned off the engine, and that’s when something went POOF underneath. I heard hissing and immediately thought “flat tire,” but the gush of water revealed that all was not well under the hood.

Really? Today? Right now, we gotta have car trouble??? Great! I immediately envisioned myself walking to and from work, how long would I be stranded, etc.

Why did I do that – give in to a frustrating moment? Why didn’t I realize, right then are there, that God had THAT moment all under control, too?

As His perfect timing would have it, not 10 minutes later my husband comes in through the back door…unusually early for a weekday. The plan was to come home, grab something quick that resembled dinner, then head over to the college for a jazz rehearsal with our son (and the rest of the band). Instead, the look on my face prompted an explanation, and about 3.5 seconds later, he was under the hood with engine grease up to his elbows.

I’ll spare you the dirty details, but I’ll tell you that within the hour, my husband had the broken part off, the new part purchased and installed, and away he went off to jazz rehearsal without missing a beat!

Flowersphoto © 2007 Jack Rydquist | more info (via: Wylio)

How amazing that God would allow me to run all over town, accomplish all I needed to and then when I’ve returned safely back home, He allows things to fall apart! Any other day, my husband could have been on a business trip or working late, but no…God chose THIS day at precisely THIS time, why? Because it was the perfect time!

Thank you, God, for taking such good care of us!

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.

You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Psalm 139:1-6 NIV

2 comments:

  1. Awesome... love it when He shows up like this! Glad you we're able to get right back to business :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that He has all of our moments planned out...to the smallest detail!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails