Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Light

The garden called me out early this morning to the first light captured and held on flower faces. I caught them peeking heads up over the fence and inviting me in for the show.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hurried over to see, to appreciate them in their purist form with rich, vibrant colors all dressed fresh and new because life blooming in its early stages, just like new-found faith, has to be nurtured and tended on a daily basis if it is to keep giving back. Sure as rain the weeds will come. Colors will fade and the soil will dry.

Photobucket

It's easy to see the beauty in the new and vibrant, when everything looks like a heart newly surrendered; like a new relationship with God in the beginning stages. But both require on-going attention - not a simple one-time "watering of the garden" only to leave it to thrive on its own.

Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk,

so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

(1 Peter 2:2-3) NIV



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I am horrible with plants/flowers. I tend to 'water them the first time and leave them to thrive on their own.' But I don't want to be that way in my walk with God, I won't thrive on my own. I need Him daily, hourly, every second. Great encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful reminder... I need His living water to continue to thrive in Him. I know that dry and distant feeling and I want to stay far away from that! Thank you Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I have a quick question for you about your site. If you could please get back to me as soon as possible I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great day!

    Thanks,
    Dan
    --
    Dan Gilbert
    Communications Coordinator
    Primrose Schools
    www.primroseschools.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails