Friday, November 18, 2011

The Stuff of Life



Ever find yourself in the middle of “stuff” and wonder what in the world God was thinking to have allowed you to experience such…..stuff?

I have.

Several times.

It’s only been recently that I’ve realized just how almighty, all-knowing and powerful He truly must be because I know now that if I hadn’t gone through the stuff, the blessing that followed, in some cases many years later, would have been completely overlooked…. taken for granted.

I know now that all the stuff of life matters ~ the good and the not so good. There’s a reason for the stuff, whether embraced or defied, and how it all kneads together to make us who we are.

I look back to the days when I couldn’t see beyond the stuff. Back when the stuff ruled me, dictated who I was, stood firm between me and the Lord. Back then, the stuff blocked out the Word and its meaning and its power.

Do you find yourself in the middle of stuff today? Maybe you can’t see beyond it to the blessings on the other side. Maybe all you can think about is the stuff and you wonder why in the world God lets you sit in the middle of so much of it all at once. Sometimes, the stuff isn’t just all around. It rains down from above and pounds its way into your heart and you fight back until your strength is shredded…until you are shredded.

Maybe it’s time to give your stuff to Jesus.

All of it! Give it over to Him through prayer and trust…by reading His Word.

Why?

Because only Jesus can make something God glorifying

out of all our stuff!

We surely can't!

We can only stir it up, you and I. We live it and come out damaged and bruised from the battle, but it takes the God who loves us, who died for us and rose for us to bring the blessing out of our pile of stuff.

Give Him your stuff today. He’s faithful to bring the blessing tomorrow.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
“We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.”

6 comments:

  1. Love Love Love...right on time..thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Him your stuff today; He's faithful to bring the blessing tomorrow. Amen! His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are His ways like our.. ways. Love this, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuff. Give it over to Him. Very good words! I have learned that big time just this last week!
    HE is so good!!
    Great post Debbie!
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for the reminder that we need to lay it at HIS feet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy haven't we all let the "stuff" take our eyes off Jesus. I wish I could say that I never did that but I did. But I wouldn't change a thing...because maybe I wouldn't know Jesus like I know Him know if not for the stuff. I love this " Back when the stuff ruled me, dictated who I was, stood firm between me and the Lord. Back then, the stuff blocked out the Word and its meaning and its power."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that "stuff" was meant for something greater than I ever thought or imagined. Giving it to Him over and over and basking in His goodness. Blessings dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails