Thursday, December 1, 2011

His Perfect, Powerful Word

'Nothing better' photo (c) 2007, Jeff Noble - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I walk around with it. Go through my day with it. The thoughts, responsibilities and demands rain down hard, breathe a heavy whisper across the back of my neck. So much yet to do. So much I haven’t done. So many “things” pulling, tugging for my time and attention.

And He knows every single one…

He hears them too; how they sound off in my sleep and call to me like faint whispers through cracks of a rickety fence. They build and grow until they stand between me and my time with the Lord. And the only thing that topples the fence…..is the Word…

His beautiful, powerful Word!

When I push it all aside and carve out the moments spent just with Him settled and still, He brings me to exactly what speaks to my heart ~ speaks to my worry and inadequacies. I haven’t even asked for it or spoken the words, but He knows!

“For your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” (Matthew 6:8) NIV

And the weight of it all falls away. Peace comes in its place. Peace comes to stay! The chains are gone and I’m free to be His. Freely and completely…His!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Debbie. Spending time with our Father changes everything. It's the best gift we can give ourselves, so why is it so often the first thing we set aside when our lives get busy and hectic? Great encouragement to push it all aside to get to the One who really matters.
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie~
    This is right on! I always ask myself, why does it take me so long to get where I should have went from the start? Thank you for sharing this.
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails