Sunday, September 9, 2012

Trust God With Your Dreams



Hello, my friend! I’m so glad you’ve dropped by for a visit. Come, join me here on the leather sofa. Push my mini-dachshund aside and snuggle up with that big pillow while I pour the tea.
I hope you’re doing well and feeling blessed. Sure feels like fall here today, doesn’t it?
Quite honestly, I’ve had a week of trials; of attempts and failures. But I refuse to wear the heavy cloak of discouragement that threatens to hug around my shoulders and grip me tight.
Have you ever felt that way? Like no matter how hard you work and strive toward your dream it becomes more distant and even fades a little?
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will
for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18) NLT
'43/365 Friends' photo (c) 2009, Vinni - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
That’s when I have to remember that if it feels more out of reach and even impossible to attain, it’s not because of the circumstances, but because of me! I’m sure you’ve heard the expression, “Don’t tell God how big your problems are – tell your problems how big your God is!”
It might sound cliché, but it’s so true! It’s easy to think in human terms and let our circumstances distract us from the only One who will keep us on course.
Sometimes, I have to remind myself that God already knew about the many pot holes in the road that leads to our goals. He saw the stumbling blocks long ago, and yet…He signed my name to that dream. He signed your name to your dreams. He knew you could carry it out. He knew you would as long as you relied on His strength and His leading…sought after and listened to His voice when the path brought you to a dead end.
'Between the Great Pool and the Wild Flower Meadow at Baddesley Clinton - bridge' photo (c) 2010, Elliott Brown - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
When you stand at a trail head and stare up at the top of the mountain, you can’t see the path that leads to it; all the valleys, the twists and turns, the switchbacks, the deep ruts….but God knows they exist, and the mountain remains – your goal remains!
He hasn’t given up on you, sweet friend. It may be that the only one giving up on ever reaching the top of that mountain is you. Trust in the Lord and He will get you to the top!
Many Blessings,

5 comments:

  1. Amen! I needed that encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo! Amen! I needed that encouragement today. Thank you.

    Love & blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Debbie! Great words to remember!!
    ~~Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that. Thank you for your words and for showing us your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Post Debbie. Your post is motivating us. These are superb lines “Don’t tell God how big your problems are – tell your problems how big your God is!”

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails