Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hiding Behind the Gate




The
 garden isn’t quite what I want it be just yet, but there’s potential just beyond the gate. All it needs is nurturing, time, water, sunlight…that special touch from the Creator.
Much like the blessings of a garden not yet awake, there are many gifts locked away in all of us just waiting to bloom and bring glory to God… but it takes effort, doesn’t it? It takes a stepping away from ourselves to step out in faith. Sometimes, we just don’t feel like putting forth the work it takes to “bloom,” to BE more, to DO more than what life already demands. So our gifts and our talents and our blessings to others remain locked away behind that gate. Their colors never seen or appreciated.
God’s glory never given.
“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone.”
1 Corinthians 12:4-6 (ESV)

I encourage you to step out today, my friend. God has designed you to bloom. Be firmly rooted in His presence, His Word and His power that they may be the support you need to grow and produce blessings abundant.

“All who are skilled among you are to come and make everything the Lord has commanded.” Exodus 35:10 (NIV)

You weren’t created to be unproductive and left to whither on the vine. Don't keep your potential locked away behind the gate - allow God to nurture His gifts in you and bloom today!

Wishing you 
Many Blessings,
Debbie



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Debbie! Was that a word for me today! I am home on a Sunday, unusual for me! Lol! Been fighting a cold all week! This article just motivates me tremendously! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debbie, My blog name is Mellow Roc and it is my pleasure to meet you through your blog and also the Christian Writer forum. We have 3 things in common: Faith in our Lord, bloggers and writer. I perceive though you are more experienced at the writing world than myself. I will visit your blog often as I find myself somewhere between growing and blooming with respect to our writing craft. If you care to peak at my blog the title is grafted in and on the journey, also at blogspot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails