Thursday, June 13, 2013

Coffee Break with Deb (6/13)





I’m so glad you could join me out here on the patio. I wanted to come out and clip a few roses to bring indoors, but the garden’s abuzz with bees and butterflies at the moment, and I’d rather not disturb them. Besides, I’m enjoying this little break in the day with an afternoon coffee and the cool, gentle breeze that called me out to my favorite comfy spot.
You know, I’ve been thinking of something lately…imagine that! As I reflect on this past year, in particular, I realize just how close God has been to me. How much I’ve relied on His strength and guidance in every situation. He’s such an awesome God and I just have to praise Him!
He’s taught me something very valuable, and I’d like to share it with you:
If you want God to reign OVER everything,
you have to put Him ABOVE everything!
Makes sense, doesn't it?
Rain doesn't begin falling at eye level and if we keep God only at eye level, we limit our thinking in what He can accomplish in us and through us. Look up, my friend. Up to the mountains, to the clouds that pass overhead and absolutely know that our God is bigger and greater than all we can fathom. He is to be the most valued King of kings and Lord of lords.
So, let me ask you this:
Where Do You Place God in Your Life?
Is He locked away in that dusty Bible? Do you only pull Him out when you want something and you decide to “pray real hard” until He gives you what you want?
Is He your “seasonal” God?
The One you run to on your terms, not His?
Is He the voice you try to silence behind your busy life? The one you put off until Sunday rolls around?
OR is He first in line ahead of every joy, every dilemma, every fear and worry?
I pray you trust in Him today, my friend. Draw near to Him. Listen for His voice and rest in the comfort of His embrace. His blessings and mercies never cease.
“…one God and Father of all, who is over all and
through all and in all.”
Ephesians 4:6


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails