Thursday, September 12, 2013

Unravel Me, Lord



There isn’t a single hose at our house that doesn't spit water from somewhere other than where it should! I kinda dread going out to water the garden or fill my pond when it gets low.
The hoses kink and knot up and create pressure until the water has nowhere else to go but to burst through tiny holes or spew from the nozzle! Uggh!
Of course, you know where I’m going with this, right???
Yep, sometimes, I am that hose!
I allow myself to become so wadded up and bound up tight with pressure and stress and emotion until finally…I erupt! Usually with tears (just like those tiny holes in the hose) and usually all over my unsuspecting family! (Sorry, guys).
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (John 14:27)
Funny thing about those kinked up hoses, and many gardeners know this to be true: the fastest and surest way to relax a hose and make it pliable is to lay it out in the sun.
How ironic that the same would apply to you and me.


When we lay ourselves out before the Son, knotted up, tensed up and on edge, the stress, the tension, the raw emotions and the hurt simply fade away. Just like we use that garden hose to “spread the blessing” of water, wonderful life-giving water, the enemy will try to stop the flow of those blessings by creating little “knots” in our lives. He wants you to be that kinked-up hose that can’t bless and can’t give thanks. He delights when the pressures of your life cause the tears to flow and the blessings stop coming.

But sweet friend…don’t give in to him. Remember to lay yourself out before the Lord, regardless of the condition of your heart. If we want to be pliable and give ourselves over to God’s use, we have to bring it all before Him, poured out and receptive to His will asking simply…unravel me, Lord.

Many Blessings,
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. I'm finding simple prayers, whispered or cried out in sincerity, are the ones that truly touch the heart of our Father. 'Unravel me, Lord.' I love that. Thanks, Debbie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky are we when we find we are all wound up, to be able to do something so simple as to bask in His love. Blessed are we!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails