Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Where You Belong


 'Flower' photo (c) 2010, Flower's.Lover - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I’ve noticed my calendar is unusually full these days, sprinkled with new social gatherings I’ve surprised myself by saying “yes” to; dates and events I would normally pass up because of insecurity.
They’re wonderful opportunities to “network” and share my ministry but I still hold on to the fear of throwing myself out there, to come out from behind my computer and be visible and vulnerable to embarrassment and disappointment. It’s easier to retreat, to step back to the safe and the familiar. To pour myself another cup of coffee and surf around on Facebook for awhile, LOL.
But then just this morning, these simple words…
“Don’t discount what the Lord has done in your life.”
When I think of where I began and when I began and who I was back then and why on Earth He would love me enough to die for all my ugly sins and how He’s brought me through so, so much….how selfish of me to hide away wrapped up in fear and silence after all He’s done and continues to do!
How can I expect real growth or real change in my life if I
constantly do everything the same way?
I DO belong! However awkward the situation, however uncomfortable and unfamiliar.
I belong right there in the middle of that crowded room full of strangers and all the awkward hellos and the nice-to-see-yous and shifting nervously but refusing to take the empty seat next to the wall.
And YOU belong, too!
When opportunity shows up, stand tall for the Lord. Boldly represent His work in you. Think about where you’ve been, where you are and where you’re going. Shine the light of Him. Share the truth of Him. Be the living testimony of His faithfulness to always place you right where you belong.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you,
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and
to the end of the earth. (Acts 1:8)

Be blessed today and always,

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. Even though I KNOW it isn't true, I always FEEL like I'm the only awkward outcast in the room. One of the enemies easiest buttons to push to make us recoil and run into hiding. Always nice to know that I'm not alone. Taking every thought captive - Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably addressing a fairly large community with your candid post today, Debbie. You can include this fan for sure :) Fill that calendar up and enjoy...you'll be a blessing to everyone you meet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails