Tuesday, January 7, 2014

You Already Possess the Courage to Fly!




It wasn't much of a wind. Just enough breeze to ruffle the chickens’ feathers and cause them all to face towards it instead of against.

I tried, in vain, to sweep the dead leaves and debris from the patio only to grow more frustrated as each new pile I created swirled and blew back around my feet.

Seems there’s always some sort of obstacle, doesn't it?
There’s always something, some hurdle or challenge fighting against our good efforts.

It’s all part of life, I suppose.

Funny how those challenges pose questions within themselves and suddenly we’re to decide whether to give up, give in or continue slow and steady through unsettling winds toward our goal.

I’ve met plenty of challenges since first starting my magazine, Christian Women’s Voice CW Voice   If I had given in to my many fears and all the voices speaking negativity and allowed mere words to tear down the dream…what sort of message would I have sent about my faith and my God? Who am I to BE that obstacle standing between a hungry heart and the blessing that awaits them in the pages?



But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:18

I want to invite you to listen in this Thursday, January 9th, @ 9am (or anytime on demand) as I talk with Sherry Poundstone of Coffee and the Word Here. I will be talking about the blog series that sort of launched CW Voice. It was called “Courage to Fly.” However, this Thursday, we’re calling it, “You Already Possess the Courage to Fly” because you do, friend! You already have the strength of the One who conquered the grave on YOUR side.

If you're still here, there's still work to be done!

I’m so looking forward to the opportunity to share my 6 important steps toward realizing and living out your dreams and goals. Won’t you join me?

Be blessed,
Debbie


2 comments:

  1. Obstacles are part of the life. The sad thing is we always try to conquer them without help. And at the last moment possible we remember to ask God for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We grow when we ask God to help overcome those obstacles in our way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails