Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Reset!


I started the day with a walk around the garden and breathed in the scent of fresh, cool earth. I brushed my hand over the little clump of thyme and spikes of rosemary and noticed a few more buds on the dwarf lemon tree anxious to bear fruit.

I fed the goldfish in the pond and smiled at the progress of my roses and the hydrangea in the corner, all showing new signs of life on the brink of exploding in pinks, yellows and reds.

Oh, how my soul sings to the melody of each one.

Nehemiah 9:6 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.



I walked over to the chicken coop and the 6 feathered friends eager for my attention. The smell of straw and “nature” brought me back to my youth; how I enjoyed my horses, barn, hay and the hours spent there contemplating life, future and all things teenager.

Sometimes it takes an unhurried moment…or three…to reset my clock and wipe away the bad days. I know we’re not promised a lifetime of “good days.” We live them one at a time come what may. But it’s cherished moments like thesewhen I stop and appreciate the joy found in simple pleasures that only strengthen my connection, my relationship with God. He knows my every challenge, fear and worry, how I’m pulled and stretched…yet He affords me time to breathe, to gather my thoughts, to hit that “reset” button and be face-to-face with life taking place all around me.

Psalm 104:24 - O LORD, how manifold are your works! In wisdom has thou made them all: the earth is full of your riches. 

God knows your heart like no other. Ask Him to help you pause in the middle of your busy day to bring you back to your center. Spend time in the presence of the Lord of all creation.
Spend time with Jesus.

Many blessings,
Debbie


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Debbie. It's me ... again. Just never want to miss the opportunity to acknowledge your beautiful writing that comes from such a tender heart. I do need that reset today. Thanks for all you do. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails