Friday, May 2, 2014

Set your minds on things above...


It took a morning of frustrations, of doing little jobs meant for others, of venting and heavy sighing to those with authority and ability to right these wrongs and return my heart rate to normal…to open the door to God’s gentle correction.
He spoke there in the quiet.
After I’d hung up the phone.
After my words spilled out a bit restrained but direct.
And He brought me to this:

“Whoever is patient has great understanding,
but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.” (Proverbs 14:29)

And there in the quiet I thought about how small my frustrations were in the whole grand scheme of things. With all that’s taking place in our world today; the evil, the destruction, the turning of eyes away from our Creator, the suffering and immeasurable loss and pain.
I had to let it go.
Let go and stop the thinking and the justifying and the dwelling on what was really insignificant in comparison.

“Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
(Colossians 3:2)

There’s a scale to each day. The distribution of weight is determined by what fills our thoughts, how we react to not-so-pleasant situations…Whose words we allow to sink the deepest in our hearts.

The enemy loves when we allow ourselves to get caught up in the small stuff because it diverts our eyes from the indescribable peace of knowing Jesus. I pray you will keep your eyes on things far above your frustrations today and every day.

Many Blessings,
Debbie






2 comments:

  1. Set your mind on things above, wise words to ponder as I head to church Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a great reminder here Debbie, thank you! I had a bit of a wake-up call this week when I had a mini-stroke on May 1st. It puts my other complaints and frustration in sharp perspective.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails