Thursday, August 27, 2015

How Do You Know?



It was the question of the day. The one that resonated with me long after the final Amen and dismissal.

Funny how words can echo through the heart like that.

It was the question asked by many still yet to believe and how we, as those who’ve surrendered ourselves to the One who saves, should respond.

How do you know God exists? How do you know He’s real?

Insert the collective awkward shuffling in the pews…but for me, the answer was simple. I guess I wasn’t prepared to speak it out loud, yet I could hardly contain the words.




Inside, I wanted to stand up and proclaim, “If there was no God, I would have perished in the fire! When it seemed the flames of evil intent rose up around me, I would have been destroyed. I would have been swallowed up by unimaginable pain and devastation, and when my world crumbled from beneath me, it was my Jesus who put the pieces back together again and showed me that I was not a pile of brokenness meant to stay lifeless at the bottom of that pit! It was my Jesus who gave me hope and purpose. It is He who rebuilds the broken! That's how I know He's real!”

Sometimes, the answers we seek are not in front of us. They are behind. We have to look at where we’ve been. How far we’ve come from where we were to where we are to truly see Him.

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance 
about what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11:1)







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails