Monday, June 21, 2010

I spent the first waking moments of my morning out on the back patio sipping my coffee and watching the beautiful Goldenfinches huddled around the feeder.  Two blue jays aggressively picked at the grass for worms, bugs and the hulled seed tossed out from our parrot's bowl.  I'm amazed at the doves that visit each day; they flutter down to the grass then help themselves to whatever they can find on the patio.  I'm also glad to see a pretty little robin has found that she can safely drink from our pond fountain.  She sits there eyeing the koi and gold fish that glide around beneath her.

I love the early morning birds and the "June Gloom" weather we've been blessed with here.  It's a nice, calming way to start the day when it begins with nature. 

The roses are bobbing their heads over and through the garden fence now, and the tall verbena provides great nectar and landing pads for butterflies and hummingbirds.  I smile as I watch them race in beneath the arbor to perch on the fence or whatever branch suits them.

I'm hoping the birds will stick around when I take a few minutes to enjoy the patio to work on my manuscript later today.  To me, it's a little piece of heaven out there with the sounds of the waterfall and birds and my music quietly strumming in the background.  The birds inspire me somehow.  I think of Matthew 6:26, which reads: "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"  Wow....I suppose one could learn a lot from the birds.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we can learn lots from those birds. Why do we worry? There is no need!

    Blessings, my friend,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails