Saturday, June 19, 2010

On A Mission!

So, now to totally switch gears here, I'm focusing completely on getting my book DONE!  I've printed the whole thing out so that I may have something tangible on which to scratch out, move around, delete and add as I wish.  I've completed the whole story; well, it has a beginning and an end, but there is so much in between that needs filling.  It does need a bit more tension throughout, and I think I've figured out how to do that without detracting from or confusing the original story.

Now that garden parties and graduations are over, I'm on a mission to finish this thing.  Let's just say I ran across some "inspiration" this past week to reach the end of this project.  The main goal?  To tell a story about one's faith in God's plan, AND to prove to myself that with God's help, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible.

I try to read Jane Yolen's Journal from her writing web site when I get the chance, and I love what she posted there a few days ago.  It really helped me to realize how much more I need to pay attention to setting and other details that invite the reader into where the action takes place.  I enjoyed her post so much that I sent her an email telling her so.  She was nice enough to write me back the following day to thank me for my comments. 

I realized the other day that when my passion for writing first began (about 18 years ago), that Jane Yolen's little paperback book about writing for children was THE very first one I ever bought!  Who would have thought that one day we'd be emailing each other???  (Actually we wrote a few back and forth about a year ago).

So, I'm off to start my day and looking foward to making time this afternoon to sit on the patio with pen and paper and dive into 1912!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails