Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Answer To Prayer

Hi there!  So glad you could stop by and join me this morning.  Pull up a seat and relax.

I’ve been sitting here thinking about something I touched on the other day:  I love the thought of floating on the breath of God.  Don’t you?  If you envision yourself floating on the breath of God, your feet no longer touch the ground – it’s impossible to do both, right?  It means you’ve chosen instead to completely surrender your will, your purpose and your plan to God’s.  You’re soaring with the One who created you.  The One who knows you.  The One who loves you like no other.  The One who has either already saved you or is offering salvation.

I know – you’re thinking that by surrendering yourself to God that somehow it’s a sign of weakness.  Like you’re throwing in the towel and sighing, “Here you go, Lord – maybe you can make sense out of this mess, because I sure can’t.”

But that’s not the case at all.  Choosing to walk in God’s light only proves you’re tired of scrambling, searching, wringing your hands with worry and self-doubt and wondering what to do next.  In essence, it shows obedience, a physical sign of your faith and trust.  Yes, it shows strength.

Sorry if I sound a little preachy this morning.  I’m just so excited that the Lord has answered my prayer with such a beautiful phrase.  I’ve been frustrated with myself lately and hitting roadblocks in my way of thinking.  I’ve called out to Him in prayer, whispered my struggles under my breath and in the meantime, I’ve been thinking in a rut, unable to waver or even consider any other possibilities beyond what my little mind can fathom.

So, for me, the idea of floating on the breath of God is my answer to prayer.  I’m done asking for His intervention and direction assuming my own way is also His way!  I’m soaring with the Lord now, excited to be truly trusting in Him. 

I love that this phrase alone keeps ringing in the back of my head; spoken to me in those first precious, quiet moments of the morning; before distractions, before conversations cluttered the air waves, before demands, before problems or people beckoned my attention. 

I have to wonder how many times throughout the day the Lord is quietly offering His direction….if I would only silence myself before Him….and listen.

“Give ear to my words, O LORD, 
       consider my sighing.
 Listen to my cry for help, 
       my King and my God, 
       for to you I pray.
 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; 
       in the morning I lay my requests before you 
       and wait in expectation.”
(Psalm 5:1-3)


Check out my article on Gifted Women:  http://giftedwomen.net/articles/20100809_2


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Debbie! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Love your article on Gifted Women too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails