Monday, August 23, 2010

A Praying Mom



“In Jesus’ name,” I said with a nod and rose from the bathroom rug.  Yes, once again I’d headed to the closest room with a locking door.  I’d been there a lot the past few months praying and asking for His protection upon my family.
What an awesome God we serve, I thought; a God who through all that clutters our air waves, all the chaos and all the chatter can hear the most inaudible sigh of our hearts.  When I feel like I’m holding onto a kite string with Jesus way up at the top circling high above my family, all the fears, worries and frustrations that come with being a mom become His concern.  How awesome that He hears the prayers of a mother who’s willing to hand over those she loves to His capable hands - a mother determined to keep Christ in her home and bind the hands of the enemy.
Lord, I thank you for the gift of my family.  Help me to trust in you for their care and protection.  Thank you for remaining Lord over my home and over my life.  I pray for your guidance as I strive to be the wife and mother you want me to be.  Amen.

“I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  I have set the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”  Psalm 16:7 & 8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails