Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't Delay the Blessing


Hello there. So glad you could drop by. Please, settle in and get comfortable because I’m afraid I have a bit of a confession to make.

I’ve been spending way too much time READING about writing, TALKING to others about writing, WRITING about writing and THINKING about writing

and all the while, my actual manuscript is collecting virtual dust bunnies…waiting for me to start writing!

It seems once I get on the computer, there are just too many distractions. I’m like a pinball game bouncing from site to site – there are so many wonderful author’s blogs to visit, so much great information to study and

too many Facebook messages to read. They’re all awesome, but they add nothing to my word count.

Now, I’m a little thick headed, but I think I’ve finally realized that by procrastinating and riding along the outskirts of my dream, I’m actually delaying the blessing God has in store. I’m also delaying the potential blessing my book could be to others (after a whole lot of work, of course).

Have you considered the possibility that by giving in to procrastination, you too could be delaying the blessing that God intended when he planted your dreams within you?

Ecclesiastes 11:4 says “Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.” I especially like the Living Bible translation: “If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.”

Don’t delay the blessing of a God-inspired dream.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister. Consider this a virtual hairy eyebrow (for you and me)- one spooky enough to sit us down in our chairs and make our keyboards clack with our OWN words.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails