Thursday, October 28, 2010

Encouraging Rejection?


Just when I’d settled myself into thinking I was in for a long wait to hear back from the book publisher to which I’ve submitted my middle-grade fiction query, I awake this morning to a very encouraging rejection, if there is such a thing.
Apparently, my writing showed strength and I was told I “would do well” if I could find a publisher accepting fiction these days! Woo-Hoo!
Of course, immediately following the few words of praise came the “I’m sorry….”
But that’s okay. I’m totally good with it when I think of how much worse it could have been.
I could have been sitting here for weeks or even months waiting for a response only to receive some photocopied, impersonal form rejection in the mail.
As a writer/wannabe book author, a few encouraging words from someone in the business goes a lloooonnnnnggggg way! I’m excited and motivated to finish, polish and submit only my best stuff not only because of these few precious words, but because this is what I’m supposed to do. I think God uses the encouragement from others to keep my fire lit and fuel my passion.
Being a writer is the dream that God won’t let me brush aside. He planted the seed many, many years ago, but it’s taken life experience and a growing relationship with Him to learn how to formulate my thoughts into something potentially God glorifying. He has been SO good to me, and sharing the light of His blessings through the written word is what I’ve been called to do.
Woo-Hoo! Write-On!


The LORD directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the LORD holds them by the hand.
(Psalm 37:23-24) NLT

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely..what the world terms as success is no success for Him..He gave u the gift for a purpose so keep using it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least they've learned to be nice about the rejections. Some positive feedback can indeed keep a writer's juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails