Friday, October 29, 2010

In the Darkest Places

My office phone rings and I reach across the desk to answer it. My husband, working around the house on his day off, is on the other end of the line out of breath and frustrated because he can’t find the machete.

“You’re always taking my tools,” he spouts. “You move them and you never put them back.”

“It should be on your work bench,” I stammer, then quickly try to remember where I saw it last.

“Oh, I know! It’s on the shelf of the barbecue beneath the cover. I remember seeing it there when I covered it during our last rain.”

Stomp, stomp, stomp to the barbecue and whoosh. Up with the cover…

“How in the world did you know that was there? I NEVER would have thought to look there,” he concedes.

“Actually, YOU left it there when you sliced up kindling wood for our fire pit, and YOU didn’t put it away!” I smile.

I’m so glad that God knows just where to find me. He sees me and somehow still manages to love me on my grumpiest of days when I’d love to pull the covers up over my head and hide out from the rest of the world…just for a little while. He finds me in the darkest of places and in the brightest, riding this roller coaster of life from one day to the next. There’s no hiding from the Lord. No place where I can’t be found. No valley too deep for Him to pluck me out and bring me to the light of His embrace.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. (Psalm 40:2) NIV

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie,

    I'm visiting from the christian bloggers network on FB. Nice post. Very true and very glad we can't hide from God. Love the photo, too.

    I just started a photography blog, where I will be posting beautiful images of God's creation. I invite you to stop on by at http://www.judysphotogallery.blogspot.com and enjoy the view!

    I also started a devotional writing blog at http://www.virtuouswomanministry.blogspot.com where I combine my writing and photography whenever possible. See ya around.

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails