Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Eclipse


You wouldn’t believe how happy I am to be back here at the Café. I’ve just come from the most exhausting day ever! Up at 4am to shower and ready myself to board the commuter train that would transport me (kicking and screaming) away from my comfortable little life to fulfill my civic obligation to serve as a juror in Federal Court…Whoa! The big house - and I couldn’t get out of it.
So there I went, off to spend one full day of my life breathing hot, heavy L.A. air thick and seething with exhaust fumes along with various other big city, industrial-type “aromas”.
This wide-eyed gal was definitely out of her element as the train deposited me to some unknown pit in the middle of Hades. I followed the crowd through an underground tunnel….mainly because it seemed the right thing to do at the time. However, since I’m completely allergic to chaotic situations that lead to sensory overload, I got lost, asked for directions numerous times, walked and walked some more before ultimately ending up in the right place 5 whole minutes early…glory to God!
As I went about my day in an unfamiliar world unsure, uncertain and clearly UNHAPPY with my demise, the one word that pounded away in my head above all the noise, all the chaos cluttering the air waves?
“Eclipse.” Over and over again it resonated, and I had no clue why.
Finally, I realized that was the Lord "resonating," trying to convey how easy it is to sort of lose focus and become hardened when tossed into a harsh environment. It’s pretty difficult for the light of Jesus to shine through when we allow anger, fear or frustration to cloud the way. When you’re physically and emotionally spent (and your feet have been throbbing for a mile and a half), how does one reflect the love of Jesus?
It’s simple, really…you ask Him.

Lord Jesus,
Even Christians get angry, lose our cool and maybe even harden our hearts in a harsh environment. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to intervene when people and situations threaten to get in the way of the light that wants so desperately to shine from within Your people. Bring about calm and peace when the things of this world attempt to eclipse the light of Your love. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. So true. It's a daily battle isn't it? I'm finding my focus on Him always get's lost when I'm thinking about me! I'm glad you made it home safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your safe. But you are so right! How can we sing King Alpha's song in a strange land? Easy, we ask Him. We talk to Him. We must gain focus, like you said. Nice post

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails