Sunday, November 14, 2010

Prayer For the Week Ahead


Lord Jesus,

Before we jump into this busy week; before solutions or challenges are revealed, I ask for your strength and protection on each and every person who passes through this little corner of my world. Let each one feel your embrace and sense your presence for decisions yet to be made; for options yet to be offered.
Be in our thoughts and words as we interact with others.
Be in our planning of coming events as we now find ourselves in the season of celebration; yet, let us also be sensitive toward those suffering a season less than festive.
Be in the reconciliation of loved ones, of family members separated by time and ill feelings that they may begin new relationships not built upon the crumbling foundation of past hurts, but upon the stable rock of your grace.
Be with those whose hearts have been shattered by recent tragedy and unthinkable pain. Be the comfort that holds them from deep within. Dry tears shed in the most private moments. Be the force that propels them forward and gives them purpose for each new day. Let those who wander a darkened, deceptive path hear your voice above the confusion and turn toward your light….and remain there once and for all.

“I have told you these things, so that
in me you may have peace. In this world
you will have trouble. But take heart!
I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33) NIV

God Bless you!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love coming here first thing in the morning. It calms me! I like this, "Be in our planning of coming events as we now find ourselves in the season of celebration; yet, let us also be sensitive toward those suffering a season less than festive." Its so easy to get caught up in things of the world during the holidays. I pray that I will keep my eyes on Jesus every second of everyday especially during the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful prayer! THank you, Debbie. I felt soothed just reading it. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!

    I enjoyed starting my day in prayer with you.
    I am thankful to be taking this into my day,
    In His Joy,
    C

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails