Friday, December 31, 2010

Courage in the New Year


Hello there! I'm so glad you're able to stop and share a moment or so with me because there's something I want you to know from the most sincere part of my heart. I want to start the year off in prayer for you.

Ok, to be more specific...I’m praying for courage!

Courage for you and for me.

The kind of courage that grabs you by the hand and pulls you through the flames unscathed.

Courage to lift your eyes off the ground and up to the cross. Courage to let your heart lead the way when you’re tempted to pull the covers over your head and slink back into the safety of self doubt.

I pray you’ll find the purest form of courage in the darkest places.

COURAGE…

to wake up each morning victorious

to take the stairs 2 at a time

to think about what if...

to color outside the lines

to let “yes” replace a lot of your “nos”

to finally shine the light of the Lord on that dream of yours

to go confidently forward

to dance through every season

to praise God uninhibited

to pray for those who choose darkness

to pray through the pain

to enjoy the sweetness of God’s peace

to extend grace to the hard hearted

to lift weak arms in the midst of battle

to look beyond the storm and into the light of the Lord

to surrender your will to His

to ignore whispers of criticism and doubt

to laugh in the face of fear

to love the unlovely

to believe in yourself; a child of God

to believe in eternity

to simply...believe!

You fill in the blanks and let God breathe courage into your soul this year, and remember that I'm praying right along with you.

May you experience every blessing and success in 2011, and may you seek Him every step of the way.

God Bless You!

No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. (Philippians 3:13-14) NLT

8 comments:

  1. Thank you...I love the reasons you listed! If we all had a little more courage and chose to embrace it what a difference we could make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful...thank you so much for sharing..it made me cry...I am passing this on to my dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I want more courage in my life. I want to see myself through God's eyes and believe that I can do all things through His strength.
    Happy New Year, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Debby,
    This is the first time I come to read you...I found your blog and I was touched by your words about courage! My favorites are "to let 'yes' replace a lot of 'nos'" and "to enjoy the sweetness of God's peace". Hum...I feel like the best is definitely yet to come!
    Love from France :)
    Blessings,
    Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this... "The kind of courage that grabs you by the hand and pulls you through the flames unscathed." Beautiful prayer, it's what all God's girls need in abundance. Blessings in the New Year sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have such a lovely blog and I would love to pass this award on to you. I love how inspiring you are...love it.

    http://melody-mae.blogspot.com/2010/12/thank-you-donna.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie,

    Courage is what we all need. I need courage to continue working in a job I don't like but need, and courage to look for another one. Courage to juggle the workload and begin a woman's bible study at the end of this month.

    I began this year in prayer and fasting for many things with my godly friends. I write about this in my new post this morning. I'm very exciting to see how God will answer our many petitions this year. May God bless you and keep you in 2011.

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Debbie for directing me to this page on Courage. Your blog is a Godsend that I had been praying for. Have a blessed evening.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails