Tuesday, December 7, 2010

He Listens For Your Voice Too


You think you’re all alone in the middle of your worry.
The middle of your grief and anguish.
You’re sure He’s turned the volume down on your prayer time too, that He couldn’t possibly know the battle you’re facing and the frustration it brings.
It’s too big – too loud.
You think He’s much too busy dealing with more pressing affairs of the world to care about your demons.
You think He doesn’t see your eyes wide open in the dark of night while the rest of the house sleeps; when the knot in your stomach tightens and the little voices pierce the silence with fear and doubt.
You’re certain your little breath prayers throughout the day well up from that turmoil within and spill into the air only to mingle with a hundred others.
Even the comfort of well-meaning friends rings of trite consolation as they search for that one little phrase that will somehow fix it all and smooth out your rocky road. Perhaps they quote a scripture you’ve heard a thousand times or offer a quick prayer, then meekly shrug their shoulders as if their little offering bag is now empty – that’s all there is.

Yet…it’s… ALL… you… need.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you,

for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my

weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

(2 Corinthians 12:9) NIV

What else are we to do as Christians?
Where else should we turn but to the Word of God?
Where else should we go but to our knees?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,

the Beginning and the End.

(Revelation 22:13) NIV

There’s no point at which we’re to stop speaking the scriptures or praying through our storm. Our God was, is and always will be the One who guides and loves us through it all. His Word will always hold the power, the answers and the comfort.

When darkness settles on your world and you find yourself on that narrow road, you haven’t really lost your way. The light is there! Simply open your eyes and run to the light of the Lord.

Always…to the light of the Lord.

God Bless you today and every day.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this, came to me when i needed it. Talk about act of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Debbie. This is a very timely reminder for our family as well. Your writing is always a blessing to the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful that He always hears my prayers. And He is listening for my voice. We, as sheep, are to know our Shepherds voice. But the awesome thing is that He knows our voice too. He loves us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this..."Simply open your eyes and run to the light of the Lord." it really is that simple isn't it. We make it hard, we move away from Him, He is aways there... always constant. Lovely post Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We put limits on God. We forget that He is limitless. We forget that He bridged the gap between heaven and earth and He can do anything according to His will. I love the Corinthians verse. I memorized that one along time ago because it comforts me when I struggle. "Where else should we turn but to the Word of God?
    Where else should we go but to our knees?" Right...where else should we go but into His presence? Somedays I do everything but that. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Debbie!

    Thanks so much so stopping by today! I can't wait to learn so much from you. I pray your writings will continue to glory God!

    What a blessing you are!

    ML Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the encouraging post. Praise His Holy Name! :-)

    God bless you and your family

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Debbie!

    Keep on keeping on and you will definitely finish your novels! I will continue to pray for your success!

    If you finish or have published, let me know I would love to interview you on your work!

    Thanks for the tip on Cypress Times. I will check it out!

    What a blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said! It is true. We aren't here to have an easy cushy life. I think if we realized that we might not be so angry with things get hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Debbie,
    This was just the reminder I needed. I've been really worried about our dog Winnie. She's having some health problems and we're really not sure what's wrong yet. My heart breaks for her, I just want to make it all better. Yes, there is comfort in prayer and I did just that. I pray for there to be some solution for this illness. Of course this happens right before
    Christmas and a big vacation we've planned for almost a year! God is truly testing me. Thank you for your words and reminding me to have faith in prayer, everything will somehow workout. Bettina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails