Monday, December 20, 2010

I Love the Reign


It started when the sun took its rest beyond the trees

That perfect, random rhythm on the roof that makes you stop and listen

You know it's nothing you've created - it's the work of the Lord

It's out of your control.

I've waited all day for the gentle song of peace that now feeds my soul.

I've spent a restless, uneasy day - shifting moods and stumbling around with the clouds

As if switching unsteady dance partners in a darkened room

But then, I hear the voice in the rain:

"Be still, and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations.

I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10) NIV

He brings the sun and the stars, and the wind that grows my strength

It's the work of the Lord - it's out of my control

He gives vision to see more clearly the blessings that surround me

He brings the dark when the day is done that I may take refuge in Him

And he brings the sweet song of rain on my roof that I may simply stop....and remember

It's His reigning power over my life and my home that comforts me

It's the work of the Lord...and I'm so glad He is in control.

"And he who searches our hearts knows the mind

of the spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's

people in accordance with the will of God.

And we know that in all things God works for the

good of those who love him, who have been called

according to his purpose." (Romans 8:27-28) NIV

7 comments:

  1. I love that verse be still and know that I am GOD! WOW! I know in my own life the Lord spoke those words to me, and the moment He spoke it; it was as if everything changed my circumstances we no longer making me focus on them but put it all into perspective..that is what God's word is to do for us. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts and scriptures to lead us in to another week, Debbie. Hope yours is as blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is faith... "I've waited all day for the gentle song of peace that now feeds my soul." Knowing that He is the author of peace. Knowing that it will come. Waiting for it with expectation. Lovely, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Very encouraging and uplifting! Love your word usage and imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Debbie. Thanks for this beautiful picture you paint with your words. I'm so thankful for His reigning power in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!
    Hi,
    I'm following from the blog hop.
    I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks,
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie,
    Beautiful site, lovely post, sweet music.
    Meet your newest follower on Google.
    Merry Christmas!
    Debra
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails