Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chasing Fur Balls!


We’ve had our beautiful, sweet yellow lab for almost 6 years. Sammy was shedding when we welcomed him to our family, and he hasn’t stopped since! Seriously, I could have made a whole other litter with the fur he’s dropped all over the house! I suppose we’ve confused him into thinking he’s one of “us” as he lives most of his life indoors, mainly because it’s the place to be for hugs, scratches behind the ears and the occasional “Oops, I dropped that. Come here, boy!”

He’s precious, docile and loves unconditionally. But, I’m so tired of finding shreds of him in every room! He’s like Pig Pen from the Peanuts comic strip, except in fur form. You can actually watch his beautiful golden locks fall to the floor with every step. (Luckily, my tile is the same color, so it blends in well).

Still, his fur flies. It sometimes piles up like snow drifts beneath the kitchen cabinets. Other times, it just sort of clings to the bottom of them like little beards! (Yep, trying to find a bit of humor in this annoyance). I vacuum constantly. I mop…when I can. I sweep almost daily only to finally collapse in a chair and stare at clumps of him balled up under the couch! Uggh!

Are you chasing fur balls? Is there a situation in your life that’s running you ragged that you just can’t seem to get a handle on? I’m just using my fur ball frustration to illustrate a point, but I’ve learned over the years that God does want even our small stuff. Sure, He can move mountains, but if the "fur balls" of life are making a mess of things and bringing a different kind of stress to your life in any capacity, give it to the Lord. Nothing is too small for Him.


Give your burdens to the Lord,and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. (Psalm 55:22) NLT

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20) NIV

4 comments:

  1. Love that analogy...we have a black lab that I am constantly sweeping up hair behind...I love that I can cast my cares upon Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right - God cares about everything! We are usually good about taking the big things to God, but we think we can handle the little things or that God doesn't really care. I'm so thankful that my God is big enough to care about the small stuff.
    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is beautiful! I have 3 little Yorkies and fortunatley they don't shed! Your blog is lovely and inspirational. Visiting from BlogFrog.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you've got to shave that thing! I have a 120 pound yellow lab too. I get him shaved (not totally bald) but shaved to the point there is no shedding! Its great. And he looks handsome too! "Come here boy, I dropped a chicken leg" - totally happens at every meal. But at least we dont have to bend over and pick it up, right!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails