Friday, January 28, 2011

Happiness

I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong - that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. (Romans 1:11-12) NIV

Garden shedphoto © 2009 Heather Clayton | more info (via: Wylio)

What does your soul crave today? What or whom is holding your happiness – true happiness…right now? Have you thought about it lately?

Happiness.

Seems a big word sometimes. Sometimes easily grasped. Sometimes just out of reach.

But happy doesn’t go anywhere - it’s always there. Waiting to be seen…to be discovered and held deep inside.



Old garden shed near Glenorchyphoto © 2006 Robin van Mourik | more info (via: Wylio)
Still Life - Gloves, Flowers, Horseshoes And A Vicephoto © 2010 Axel Steenberg | more info (via: Wylio)











Do you always recognize happiness?
Does it appear from the hands of man?
Does it need to sparkle and shine and come in a small box
Tied with a promise of forever?
Or is it captured unexpectedly gifted by the Giver of all things pure and holy
Wrapped plain and simple
Tied instead with ribbons of faith
A promise of the deepest joy

My gardenphoto © 2007 Per Ola Wiberg | more info (via: Wylio)

Sometimes, we overlook the happy meant for us
When our eyes are looking, searching for something bigger
Something more
Seems we all want something to look forward to but when happy finds a heart in which to live and thrive, we don’t have to look far.

May you see the many blessings around you waiting to be discovered, and may they bring you happiness today.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
(2 Corinthians 12:9)

6 comments:

  1. What can I say...simply beautiful! I love this... "Sometimes, we overlook the happy meant for us When our eyes are looking, searching for something bigger...Something more." How true. Sometimes we miss God's best for us because we think "our best" is just as good. But it never is. I wish I could have learned this in my early twenties!:) Happy Friday sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many of God's blessings I've missed because I was so busy wanting more, or specifically, wanting what I want! My happiness is to be found in Him!!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to miss the small blessings and happiness that He wants to give us when we are too busy looking for something bigger. I pray that I'll take notice of the small blessings as they are probably some of the best ones!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie..that was beautiful...it seems in this time and age it seems people say if I have this or when I get that I will be happy. But with this mind set it keeps of from truly enjoying the right here right NOW..thank you for sharing.

    Blessings, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, inspiring post sweet Debbie, and oh-so-very true!!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 Corinthians 12:9 is a verse I rely on so much. Because I AM so weak without Him. And because I am so weak in my own flesh, I have to look to Him for my strength. But isn't that what He wants us to do? I'm positive He does. We (I)tend to spend too much time trying to work out all the "details" in life, when He has already done it for me! Another verse I love is: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Prov. 3:5-6:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails