Sunday, January 30, 2011

It’s About the Now

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Matthew 6:19-21

Waterhouse: The Flower Pickerphoto © 2007 freeparking | more info (via: Wylio)


I’ve lived a week of anticipation…waiting…hoping….believing and standing firm
Words of hope and favor begin each breath prayer and I ask forgiveness for this desire that consumes my every thought
But then it comes to me
The gentle reminder whispered in the dark
It’s not about what will be, or when it will be….
Or ‘can’t wait’ until some distant joy
Open your eyes, child and savor the joy in the waiting, the anticipating, the wonder in the awesome work of His hands and how it unfolds to glorify the moment here and now.
rose-freephoto © 2008 kim | more info (via: Wylio)
Rejoice, for the Lord is at work…always
It’s about the now – how we’re living it and how we allow it to touch us
About embracing each smile, the arms that once only reached around our neck
But now stretch around our hope to embrace us right back
Savor each one before they’re gone
Off to live out their own tomorrows
Catching that smile and the flicker of life while it’s still fresh and new
It’s the moments embraced in our today that nourish the ones yet to come
The moment…this moment…supplies the soul and feeds the heart
We’re given today – tomorrow is but a promise
Let each ‘I love you’ resonate
Let the joy of today sustain you

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
(John 10:10)

5 comments:

  1. Great words for a Monday... "anticipation…waiting…hoping….believing and standing firm," because you're right, we aren't promised tomorrow. We get arrogant sometimes planning for this and that...when instead we should be praying and anticipating God's guidance about this and that! I love those roses at the top! Are they from your garden? Happy Monday sweet friend!;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sometimes we get so busy thinking about what is to come that we miss God's blessings for today. I want to keep my eyes on Him today. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! I am so often guilty of letting that devil steal my joy! But I am learning how to keep him out of my thought life and focus on Him and His promises for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post... and a good reminder to make the most of the "now" that God has given us. Thanks also for stopping by and commenting at my blog, http://www.bethstonestudio.com earlier! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Debbie! It's about the now...and it's not about me. Two "abouts" I need reminders of every day!

    Thanks for introducing yourself over at my place recently. Sorry I've been so slow to come find you. Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails