Monday, January 24, 2011

Nothing Less Than Perfect


Hello there. I’m so glad you found a moment to stop by.

I’ve been working in the garden most of the weekend, but I’ve been thinking of you…seriously, I have.

You see, there was a phrase

I caught it on the wind and planted it in the rich soil of my mind

The sweet words clung to the ragged edges

And I’ve held them there for days now…the words

They floated in through the garden gate

And I smiled wiping my brow with gloved hands

With knees in the dirt

My soul breathes happy to be alive

Perfect sunlight caressing my back

And my Woman reading in gardenphoto © 1912 George Eastman House | more info (via: Wylio)
hands tending young foliage

These words, meant for the low moments

When discouragement disguises as a friend

When you can’t shake the dark clouds

When you can't climb out of your valley

When the only voice you hear

Is your own

And you feel invisible

Small and forgotten

Please remember...

God is incapable of creating anything less than perfect

The One who knew you first

The One who knows you now

Who caused the rivers to flow

Who flung the stars into being

Whose love for you has always been

And always will be

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

(Luke 12:7) NIV

He created you with just as much thought

Perfecting every detail

Precious and perfect you

You who frowns in the mirror

Those tiny lines and fading hair

You who may not get her Christmas thank-you cards out before Valentine’s Day

You who strives to do and be and say

All the right stuff

You are nothing less than perfect in the eyes of your creator

I believe that’s what He wants you to know today

You who has been perfectly created for His purpose

God bless you today and every day.

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth." (Psalm 139:14-15

5 comments:

  1. very lovely Debbie thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoyed your time in your garden this weekend. I must say the garden does require toiling doesn't it? It reminds me of how Jesus spoke about the toiling in the garden..a place of serenity where you can think and be alone with Him as you place your hands in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Debbie. Thanks for the reminder that we are perfectly made. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, you have such a beautiful way with words! I expect to come here and get a full serving of His peace and you did not disappoint today :) Thank your for this wonderful, true and sweet reminder of our Father's love for us! May your day be filled with peace and blessings dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this " The One who knew you first,The One who knows you now..." This really comforts me today. Love the beauty of your words and how well they flow! I am so thankful God doesn't make mistakes! P.S. thanks for the conviction regarding the Christmas thank you cards..." Just Kidding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to think that He made me just the way that He wants me to be. With all my faults He still loves me. His thoughts are for me...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails