Friday, April 1, 2011

Living on Purpose

Close-up view of flowers at Maclay Gardens State Park: Tallahassee, Floridaphoto © 1979 Florida Memory | more info (via: Wylio)

There it is again; that voice, that finger wagging telling me I “can’t” do this, no matter how hard I try. Who am I to carry out such a task? Who do I think I am for dreaming so big – reaching for the highest star? Living my faith out loud? Negativity pushes hard sometimes, yells strong and wins me over all too often. I miss out on the blessings and sink in guilt instead. When God sets my feet on the track of His purpose, who am I to think He’ll make me walk it alone? Who am I to ever think I work towards anything… alone?

It is He…who plants the dream.

It is He…who strengthens me to accomplish it.

It is He…who gives me purpose.

“So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

(Ephesians 4:11-13) NIV

5 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    When I have time to stop by and read your work, it's hard to move on. Your blog is a haven with your writing, your visuals and beautiful music. May someone bless you today as much as you bless others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must listen to the voice of Truth and ignore those lies that our enemies tries to feed us. If God brought us to it, He WILL bring us through it.
    Have a blessed weekend, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Debbie, I have not been keeping my blog up to date! Sorry I missed your comment. Just wanted to say hello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When God prompts us to write, we write...knowing that He has someone out there waiting to read what He's inspired us to write. When we've included scriptures He's brought to mind we can be sure that His word will not return to Him void, but will accomplish the purpose for which He sent it (Isaiah 55:11) in each person's who reads what we've written. What a joy to be used to write His message!

    Thanks for following your calling, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Satan knows just how to poke at us doesn't He?! BUT... God knows better and when we run into His refuge and accept His sovereignty then we will be filled with His Truth. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails