Monday, April 4, 2011

One Rose Bud at a Time

Rosenköniginphoto © 2008 Barbara | more info (via: Wylio)

There’s a rose bud in a vase here on my desk; deep red, perfectly formed and surrounding me with the most heavenly fragrance. It’s here to remind me of the sweetness of life, even here – even now, as dishes sit in the sink, the floors still show evidence of a busy, I’ll-get-to-that-later weekend. Here, in the hum of it all while the washing machine spins, the groceries wait to find their homes on shelves. Yet, the breeze caresses my spirit and I rise from within to Chopin and all the wonderful scenes of spring outside my window. Yes, there’s strife in each day. We don’t have to look very far for struggles and disappointments, but my gentle, precious God grants blessings in the simplest, purist forms and I savor them…one rose bud at a time.

God bless you!

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

(Phil. 4:19) NIV

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We need to make time, in the midst of the busyness, to remember that it should all be for and about God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely debbie! Love you sweet friend!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, love your heart so much! My house also shows evidence of a I'll-get-to-you-later-weekend too... wishing I could just twinkle my nose at it all :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails