Monday, May 2, 2011

Garden of the Heart

There is no spot of ground, however arid, bare or ugly, that cannot be tamed into such a state as may give an impression of beauty and delight.
Gertrude Jekyll

a special rose for a special dayphoto © 2008 Marialuisa Wittlin | more info (via: Wylio)

I look forward to our local garden tour every year. I stroll along stone walkways among visible evidence of heart and soul displayed in plantings; take note of their color combinations, structure and presentation. I love how no two gardens are the same. Just as no two gardeners are the same, as one’s vision of loveliness strums a melody uniquely one’s own.

I love the gardens that draw me in to intimate settings, peaceful pathways that meander and lead the way to unexpected sanctuaries carved into quiet, shaded corners. I love venturing beneath rose-laden arbors and exploring hidden garden rooms breathing in both the fragrance and beauty offered.

I find that each garden bears the heart of the gardener; whether in whimsical fashion ormorning in the garden . . .photo © 2009 Seán A. O'Hara | more info (via: Wylio)
restricted to the confines of a well thought out design. She who creates such a space scatters bits and pieces of her heart throughout. Otherwise…why put forth the effort if the heart hasn’t been planted?

In the garden, it’s the overall ambiance and the feelings evoked that resonate well after the garden gate closes. I have to consider the same in everyday life…what resonates from me if I haven’t applied my heart?

What is the garden of your heart speaking to others today?

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

(2 Corinthians 9:6-7) NIV

3 comments:

  1. We have a beautiful Oregon garden here just 20 mins or less from our house and I have never been. I really want to go. There is something amazingly serene and lovely about strolling through a beautiful garden and enjoying the creators imagination. Your words are always lovely like a spring garden.

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is speaking of God's amazing love and power. I am weak, but He is made strong in my weakness. It's when I can't do it that Jesus truly shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting a vision of things from your writing, it's always so clear as I were looking at it myself. I enjoyed the walk along the gardens :) I agree with Mel... lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails