Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dreams Coming True


God planted the friendship seed long ago. He knew then, as we shuttled young ones to and from pre-school and wiped tables splattered in paint and caked on Play-Dough, that we would somehow maintain a friendship; just two moms traveling down parallel paths in a small town (waving "Hello!" from our car-pool vans).

He knew back then how she would one day become the owner of a local book store, and how I’d publish part of my heart and soul between the pages of a simple paperback. He knew just how and when it would all come together, this merging of dreams – how each seasoned weathered would bring its challenges…challenges to grow our faith and grow us up.

I’m so excited to share that now, here in this season, I find myself turning the pages of dreams coming true. I’d only imagined that one day I’d see my book displayed on a book store shelf somewhere, but to have it personally included among such a beautiful Mother’s Day display nearly brings me to tears. Connie, my dear friend and owner of Mrs. Figs’ Bookworm, has graciously agreed to carry my book in her store AND schedule me for my very first real, live book signing event sometime this summer! I’ll be sharing more about that as it draws near.

For now, I’m watching the blessings unfold and holding on tight for the ride.

There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.- Psalm 23:18

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He loves to make our dreams come true...especially when they are His dreams for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! God always has a plan, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! I guess you weren't having a menopause moment then!! That cracked me up you wrote that comment!! God is surely the One to make all dreams a reality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! God is so unbelievably AMAZING!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today - always lovely to meet new people online.


    Congratulations on your book, and hope you really enjoy the signing - a friend of mine wrote a book of her experiences of post-partum depression, and I loved attending her first signing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Debbie I am so happy for you..God is so good...so excited to be able to get this treasure that you have put your heart into...so blessed to have found you. Many blessings with this new journey that God is taking you on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Wonderful... it looks perfect on the table :) Praying for your book to touch the hearts of many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! I have a daughter who is a blooming writer. She is an avid reader (at least one child followed me) and loves to write stories. I'm going to direct her to your site for encouragement.

    Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower (and Christian) and look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails