Wednesday, May 25, 2011

His Compassions Never Fail!

Demands and gotta dos rain down hard today. The dark clouds hover and guilt pounds loud at the door. The strain and pressures of life weave a chaotic pattern, pulling and scraping at me like rose thorns tugging at shirt sleeves as I struggle to reach the garden gate – searching for any possible exit. Then, just as I inch my way toward the latch, the words come slow…

“Why have you forgotten who you belong to?”

Gate Shadowphoto © 2009 tinyfroglet | more info (via: Wylio)

Such burdens and confusion are not handed down by the father, so why heap them onto your shoulders? Why do we attach ourselves to stress and all the things that drain us of our faith and our strength? If only we would remember the answer is lying right there in front of the tears we shed when it all gets too much…

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

(Lamentations 3:19-24) NIV

It’s a new day. His compassions never fail. They are new EVERY morning. Praise God today for His great faithfulness!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that scripture! The Lord is my portion and my strength forever. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have to remind ourselves sometimes that our graceful gifts are new and fresh every morning. We don't need to become tangled in yesterday's news because today HE is doing something new! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is our portion, everything we need. And his mercies are new every morning.
    Love these verses.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails