Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Closest to the Heart


The stretch of open road ahead twines like a ribbon fallen loose and careless. It divides endless rows of heartland tilled rich and fertile and I think of the years and the memories in between. About the two paths running parallel yet separated by the miles, but it’s the heart strings that push me on. Has it really been 18 years?

It’s the power of a friendship born of a young spirit, of innocence and a lifetime of “what ifs” yet to come that coax the smile over the steering wheel. It’s that certain laughter that brings it all back as if it never ended. The knowledge of another soul who bore witness to my early days of stretching my wings and learning to fly.

Some things are forever joined at the heart, you know; purest love, deepest friendships, strongest faith, little girl promises and secrets whispered. They somehow bridge the gap of time and in the end…always in the end, it’s what matters most.

I love you, my sweet Tami.

There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend

sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24) NLT

1 comment:

  1. So precious to read and so true. My daughter came to mind as I read this. She is on one coast while I'm on another. When we get together it is so precious and like no other. Time stands still while we are together. We enjoy our time so much. Blessings dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails