Thursday, August 25, 2011

"The Courage to Fly"

'Dream!' photo (c) 2008, Melody Campbell - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

“…but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.”

(Isaiah 40:31) NIV

As I settle my mind here on the leather sofa to write these words, I imagine you sharing this moment with me and how the rich aroma of Vanilla Nut coffee swirls and mingles with spice-scented candles. We cozy up for a great heart-to-heart and a chance to share some of our deepest hopes and dreams; ones we’ve only dared to utter in quiet breath prayers.

I sip my coffee and start us off by asking…so, how are you? Are you happy? I mean truly happy from the inside out? Are you feeling a little like everything and everyone in life sort of takes precedence over your own? Sort of like your dreams and goals have had to take a back seat for far too long? I know how life can get crazy sometimes, and it’s so easy to get caught up in all the going, doing, being and accomplishing, but have you even thought about it lately – “happiness” and what it means to you? What do you think it would take to make you happy right now…today, or do you even dare to let your mind visit that far-away place where your dreams and goals live?

There was a time in my life when I’d forgotten about my dreams and passions - a dark time when I questioned my purpose; my role in life. That’s when the Lord sort of took me by the shoulders, set me firm and changed my way of thinking.

I’d like to share some very practical thoughts with you, my precious sisters in Christ, about the process of reaching your goals and seeking God’s purpose.

Now, I’ve never done anything like this before, but I really feel led to share in this way – so…..each Monday, for the next 7 weeks, beginning August 29th, I’d like to begin a series to help encourage you to embrace the dreams and goals God has designed you to fulfill. I’ll be sharing, from my heart to yours, what the Lord has revealed to me over the past few years and how giving Him my desires and my inhibitions has changed my life and strengthened my relationship with Him.

I hope you’ll join me – and please, share comments and feedback. Let’s encourage one another as we journey toward our dreams!

Heavenly Father, I want to lift up my friend, the reader of these words. Thank you, Lord, for loving her like no other. Thank you for believing in her enough to place dreams and passions within her and then equipping her for the task. May she look to You for the strength and confidence she needs to see them through. May You be a constant help and presence in her life as she strives to be all You would have her to be. In Jesus’ name. Amen

“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
(Matthew 18:20) ESV

"Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him,and he will act." (Psalm 37:5) ESV



2 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to our Monday coffee date :-) This is what I need...thank you my dear sister! Bright blessings, Shanyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful series, Debbie, and I look forward to meeting together. :) Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails