Tuesday, September 20, 2011

And the Award Goes to...

'The Red Rose of Graduation' photo (c) 2010, Delphine Sindynata - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I’m humbled and overjoyed to be the recipient of THREE blog awards this week! Can you believe it? I certainly can’t. Sweet Sheri Swift surprised me with "The Versatile Blogger" and "One Lovely Blog" awards while Karin Kauffman selected me for the "Liebster" Award. Many, Many thanks to you both!

Just gotta say, I love how God gathers a sweet soul from here, another sweet soul from there and brings them together to grow and bloom in the blogging community. So many wonderful relationships have begun right here over the past couple of years with you, my amazing sisters in Christ. You encourage me, support me, speak the heavy clouds out of my day with the Word of God and bring me to tears with your precious comments. You each mean more to me than you’ll ever know. Thank you for being who you are in Christ. Wishing you many blessings ~ and keep blogging for the Lord!

I want to thank Sheri Swift of “Finding Joy in the Journey” for nominating me for these two very special blog awards:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Share seven random facts about you
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!

1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!

  • (Given to those with fewer than 300 followers) When you receive the award, thank the blogger who gave it to you and link back to them.
  • Copy and paste the award on your blog.
  • Choose three to five blogs that deserve a bigger following, give them the Liebster Award, and let them know you’ve done so by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my seven random fun facts J

  1. I received the Lord into my life on a warm summer night at the age of 17.
  2. I always jump way ahead to every season; I decorate for fall in late August, start listening to Christmas music in October and hit the nursery in search of plants while I'm still picking holiday turkey out of my teeth :)
  3. I was raised with horses, dogs, all 4 seasons and a wonderful hay-filled barn perfect for daydreaming.
  4. I LOVE to cook, and according to my husband, I’ve come a very long way from our early “deep-fried” days as a newly-wed couple.
  5. I LOVE a huge variety of music; everything from bluegrass to classical, to jazz and rock. My husband, son and I are all involved in our worship team – music is very important to our family (the kids didn’t stand a chance at not being part of band in some form with a dad who bleeds trumpet valve oil!)
  6. I’m horribly addicted to my Vanilla Nut coffee with just the right amount of Hazelnut Creamer (it’s gotta be Lucerne).
  7. OK….I’ll let you in on a little secret because you’ve been sweet enough to read through all my jibberish….you know that big pic of me over to the right??? Well, my photographer/daughter took that shot of me by our fireplace, but my coffee cup was empty – we couldn’t allow a pic of me with an EMPTY coffee cup on the blog, so she very carelly PhotoShopped the “coffee” in my cup (LOL). Too cool, huh?

Since most of the blogs that I would love to nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award already have it, I'm going to combine them and give out the One Lovely Blog award also! I hope that’s all right.

1. Kelli and Heidi at Mothers on Mission

2. Shanyn Silinsky at Strawberry Roan

3. Melinda Todd at Trailing After God

4. Carol Peterson at From Carol's Quill

5. Lisa at Woman to Woman

6. Annie at Greyhaired Momma

7. Jan at Inspired Ink

8. Chelle at Chelle's Blog

9. Likewise ye older women...

10. Sarah Mae at Like A Warm Cup of Coffee

11. Kimberly at Garden of Secrets

12. Carey Scott at Let's Get Real!

13. Amy at Strong Tower

14. Becky at Morning Mist & Scattered Clouds

15. Marmee at Marmee's Pantry

And for the Liebster Award:

1. Mothers on Mission

2. Strawberry Roan

3. Woman to Woman

4. Garden of Secrets

5. Trailing After God



12 comments:

  1. You are such a blessing, Debbie! Congrats on this lovely awards and thanks for passing them along to us. I appreciate the mention. :) Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie Thank you, you are such a blessing to me, with your kindness and encouragement. I value you as a dear sister in the Lord. Blessings to you today and always. =) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Debbie and you were most definitely awarded for your heart here on your blog. Every post is dunked in love and it shows. And thank you for the nominations :) You are such an encourager!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, you are just so precious! Congratulations on receiving these awards and thank you for passing them on to us! LOVE you sweet friend =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo to you, Debbie and big hugs and thanks for passing the kudos along. Off to announce you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ladies! You're the ones who make this so much fun and who bless me to tears :) Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, Thanks again for the awards, just value your friendship so much! I tried about a half a dozen times to add your button and it just wouldn't work. I'll visit Shabby blogs to get a code and see if that will do the trick. I'll let you know.
    Blessings!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    Congrats on the THREE awards! You deserve them! Your blog is so peaceful and inspiring. I loved reading your list of things about you. I also, decorate early for every season. I love it!!!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nominations Debbie, I've just finished with the blog post with my own nominations...! And I found the code I needed to make the buttons stick too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come to Lifeofusandsaints.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie,
    Been out of the internet loop this week and have just arrived home to look up your page again...I am speechless....thank you....my very first blog award! How honored to come from a woman who writes from her heart...who shares her life so beautifully with so many! Thank you just isn't enough!
    Blessings!
    Amy King
    amygking.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, Debbie, Debbie! Thank you SO MUCH for such a sweet honor! I'm sorry I've been so long is thanking you, but you know that w/my mom's passing, family, work, **new opportunities** :-) &...well...life, it's been a busy time for me.

    I will add it to my blog side bar w/honor & joy.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails