Saturday, September 24, 2011

Looking Past the Weeds Today...



Sometimes, you have to think past the weeds deep into the hidden undergrowth. Even in the tangled, untidy mess of things, there’s life determined to bloom; determined to be. And I have to decide which is the stronger of the two. Do I succumb to the weeds bent in a desperate attempt to choke out the life and the beauty, or do I hold on to the hope that with a little work, a little pain and effort, the full glory of God will be revealed?

It’s a day for dreaming big. A day for thinking past the weeds and far beyond the hurdles, deep into the blessing.

For me, it’s a day to live out what I’ve been blogging all this time, to step out in faith on my own words - it’s a day to pray for and believe in the courage to fly!

Won’t you join with me in prayer for ALL of us, my sweet sisters in Christ, who may be seeking that inner strength and belief today? Because of Jesus – the courage is already ours!

Lord Jesus,

Bless the reader of these words today. Bless her with the courage to fly, to dream sweeter and bigger and brighter than her mind can fathom. Thank you for the dreams and goals You place before each of us, and may You breathe life over each one. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you,

for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all

the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV

"But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,"

1 Peter 3:15 ESV

4 comments:

  1. Debbie your words, Courage to Fly, combined with the scripture 2 Corinthians really speak to me. Thank you and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Debbie. Thank you.
    Be blessed today~Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your flying, your wing stretching, your dream soaring...much love and many bright blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying my friend, praying! Thank you for your sweet encouragement... those verses, heard so many times... still pierce me today!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails