Monday, September 5, 2011

The Courage to Fly - Part 2 "Feed Your Prayer Life"

'Flowers in the Yard' photo (c) 2009, Anna Fox - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV)

Pray…and ask…and listen.

So, when you think of yourself in the middle of your dream, the middle of God’s purpose fulfilled in you, what do you see? How do you envision the whole thing playing out? Do you have someone else’s success story in mind when you think of the day when you finally realize it’s all come true for you?

Your dream won’t look like someone else’s who’s already pursuing or living out their purpose. You are unique and your purpose fills a unique element in God’s plan – a purpose meant for only you.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5) ESV

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” (Psalm 32:8) NIV

Know, without a doubt, that the cries of your heart are being heard by the Creator who placed those dreams within you. Read Mark 11:24 and claim it anew and fresh daily! As you pray, absolutely believe that it will come to pass. Once you give the dream over to God, it’s His! Let Him breathe life into it and watch it flourish!

Pray with a heart of victory; not from a spirit of defeat.

He knows the dreams and ambitions you’ve pushed to the furthest reaches of your mind and how you’ve shut the door on them until “someday” rolls around. He planted the seed, and through God’s strength and your faith in Him will that seed be given new life.

So, you still don’t believe there’s a greater plan for you? You’re still wondering about all this talk of dreams and purpose?

Because He first loved us (See 1 John 4:19-20), we can also love ourselves enough to realize that God created us for SO much more than the mundane. You’re so much more than someone’s wife, someone’s mom, someone’s daughter, co-worker, sister or friend. You’re a daughter of the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the One who died for you and rose to remain by your side forever…and He loves you. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knew you in the womb. He constructed each and every part of you, inside and out, and He hand-picked you, beautiful, intelligent you to carry out His purpose.

~~Pray ~~

As you quiet yourself before the Lord, start with the purist desires of your heart and the blessing will follow. Don’t think of all the reasons why you shouldn’t pray for such things, all the negative voices that interrupt progress. Pray not only for the end result, but pray for the process. Feed your prayer life – don’t starve it.

Pray for more.

Believe in more.

Strive for more.

Because you were created for more!

9 comments:

  1. Good morning Debbie,
    What a wonderful gift this morning as I went to InCourage and read your post. It touched my heart. I am a newbie blogger, begun 2-1/2 yrs ago. I am also on an adventure - at the age of 68 (69 in Nov) I have finally said yes to the Lord, to fullfill a dream since childhood.
    This post this morning is just what I need..to keep believing and pressing on. Thank you so much..I'm so looking forward to following your blog - have a glorious day dear sister.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pick one thing over another that you said because it was all beautiful and exactly what I needed today! I love the sentence that I am not just a wife, mom, sister... But a daughter of the King who is defined by him and nothing else! Identity can be such a crisis when you are a mom of young children!;) thank you for much needed encouragement today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I have read your blog. I came to it through InCourage. Everything you have written today has touched me deeply. I am in the half empty house wife phase not knowing my next step and struggling with it. My prayers focus on those around me and for my children. My prayers for me only focus on asking to please let me get through the day ahead. Dreams are for that 'someday' and then wondering if I have any dreams. I know I was meant to find your post today to remind me that I am more. Your words were of great comfort today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of this post goes right along with everything else the Lord has been revealing to me! Dreams and what keeps us from reaching for them was even the topic of discussion in our Sunday school class yesterday if you can believe that! And this... "As you quiet yourself before the Lord, start with the purist desires of your heart and the blessing will follow. Don’t think of all the reasons why you shouldn’t pray for such things, all the negative voices that interrupt progress. Pray not only for the end result, but pray for the process. Feed your prayer life – don’t starve it." ...is exactly what I needed to hear! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, I ran up on your blog. Your blog is beautiful; and the music is heavenly! But your words are from God to all; but especially to this 60 yr. old mom of a special needs 38 yr. old son. You have encouraged me this day. Reading all the past blogs; it is just too much to take in! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, I so agree with you about feeding your prayer life. When it is starved, there is an emptiness of hope. As we feed it, hope grows because it comes from Him. Our only need is Him and nothing more. He is teaching me this in a very powerful way right now. Thank you for your heart of love for Jesus, the Father of Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love God, love coffee, blessed that I came across your blog!

    "These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren." Acts 1:14

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Debbie for this post, this blog and this series. Your words (and coffee!) are a blessing to me. Just what I needed this morning was this, and God provided it through your blog. Bright blessings my friend, always and in all ways! Shanyn (Strawberry Roan)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx for the reminder that I need to "feed my prayer life"-something that I have neglected lately.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails