Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bloom Anyway!

'red rose' photo (c) 2008, manuela marginean - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I’ve written often from my gardener’s heart about the sad state of my little space, enduring yet another season of neglect. It seems distractions and obligations of life demand more of my time these days keeping me clear of the garden gate.

But this morning, as I survey the day from over the top of my coffee cup, through the haze of chimney smoke on the breeze, it’s the one lonely red rose that catches my eye. There, in the middle of disorder and struggle for life, it strikes me; the show of determination and unyielding to the environment of which the rose has no control. Like so many of us, the rose makes a choice and takes a stand; either fall victim to circumstances or rise above in strength and beautyall to the glory of the Creator of beauty itself.

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’ (John 7:38) ESV

And the words whisper, but whisper strong - when everything around you is in disarray and your world screams chaos, bloom anyway! Tap into the one true source of living water – the well that never runs dry. Let it flow and nourish from within. Let it take over your own resources and complete you with unexplainable peace that you may be that one bright spot for Jesus.

My prayer for you today is that you’ll bloom for Jesus and bring the holy fragrance of His love to your world.

And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. (Rev. 21:6) ESV

5 comments:

  1. Yes! Amen! ...still standing - even after the past couple of days I've had. All for His glory! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard many times of roses ~ & other flowers ~ blooming between the cracks in concrete city blocks. If they can bloom where they're planted, then so can I.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. This verse really speaks to me and convicts me today. Sometimes I feel like I let out dirty water rather than living water.... I'm a work in progress kind of girl. Thank goodness the One who died for me never gives up on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rose, representing us blooming beautifully in Him despite our circumstances. Lovely encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. In the past I thought, "If my life were looked more 'like it should', then I would start to move into what I think God is calling me to do (to bloom)."

    Well, after years, and years and even more years, it started to dawn on me, I better get started because what I was waiting for might never happen. : ) So I turned it all over to God finally and put Him in charge. Now? Sometimes it is exactly like you say, "when everything around you is in disarray and your world screams chaos," but the difference is I bloom anyway.

    I love your gardener's heart...I could spend all day reading through the past posts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails