Sunday, November 13, 2011

Transformation



I remember when my days ran along in an endless, boring strand. Back when the only leading I followed was my own. It seemed I was “mom,” lower-case, and nothing more; confined to a tiny world of self pity and constant seeking. I couldn’t see beyond the piles of Play-Do, Hot Wheels race tracks and dismembered Barbie dolls with crazy, ratty hair. I lived in my little world of 4 walls nearly paralyzed with an inner turmoil consuming my days as I struggled to find peace, meaning…worth. Not a temporary peace, but one that begins deep within~a peace meant to be shared.

But such things can only come from the Lord’s presence; a real

relationship with Him and a constant communication.

I’m praising God today for that relationship. I’m praising God for transformation. For lifting me out and carrying me far from the monotonous and the stagnant me that I was. He has brought light and purpose and goals as I’ve grown closer to Him over the past 10 years or so.

This past year, in particular, I’ve found myself stepping out more and more in faith, believing I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

It’s been a year of “Yes, I can…only because of Jesus!” He’s allowed me the joy of surprise and the deepest thanksgiving with the many situations in which He’s placed me….and it’s not over yet!

Christian Women's Voice

The Lord continues to surprise and amaze me as I stand on the brink of a new venture. My proof copy of “Christian Women’s Voice,” a bi-monthly women’s magazine, is on its way. The articles are written from the hearts of ten Christian bloggy sisters (plus myself) who have agreed to ride the waves of this journey with me. I’m so excited about this project and can’t wait to see how God will use it to help bring encouragement and hope to women all over the country. I would love to see it utilized in women’s ministries, women’s facilities, mom’s groups, individually, etc. My hope is that we will be the hands and feet of Him bringing women the same hope and light that lifted me out of my dark world and gave me purpose; to share the truth that you are "YOU," in all caps...all because of Jesus!

Be sure and leave a comment if you'd like to be notified via email of our first issue release date and do check out our web site at: http://christianwomensvoice.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

  1. I would love to see your first issue Debbie. This is so exciting! I am very glad God has stretched your faith to include this project. Many will benefit by it.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I still live in the midst of the crazy days...with mangled Barbies and the like. Because of these days, I have grown closer to God like never before...probably because I would in fact loose my mind without Him. I love to see you step out in faith. You encourage me to stay on the path of always says "yes," to God.:) Excited about being a part of this magazine journey with you sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Debbie! I would love to be notified of your new project! I am so happy for you. I love the new look of your blog! Love seeing what you are doing on FB. Just a pleasure to fellowship with you in this manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie ~
    Please notify me of the first issue release date and where I can get it. I'm so excited for you and everyone involved in this with you.

    Thank you and many blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on what Chelle said :) I would like to be notified also. Congratulations!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails