It’s been 23 years since I agreed to unconditionally love, honor, cherish and yes, obey my husband. We’ve come a long way since our "deep-fried days" before I learned to cook. Wow – 23 years! Who really knows what you’re signing up for when you’re young and in love? In reality, I should have said, “I vow to…”
· look for something cute about the way you snore and keep me awake
· keep your sock drawer full (most of the time)
· listen to you “practice” your trumpet each day at the stroke of
· keep your dinner warm until you stumble in late from work
· smile from the inside out when you play guitar and sing mariachi songs…to the dogs
· not complain when you leave the toilet seat up and I find out the hard way at
· learn to pack a travel bag for your 5-day business trips at a moment’s notice
· be your partner through life’s rainy days…and walk with you in the sun
· appreciate your drive and ambition
· appreciate your passion
· appreciate your heart
· learn when to hold back…and when to let go
I agreed to compromise, overcome, accept and adapt, to understand, to forgive, to see straight through to the heart of the man my God and savior chose for me – and to be truly thankful for him. I agreed to grow old and gray together with my best friend, to trust and believe in forever.
Still looking forward to spending my forever with you, Matthew. I love you and thank God for you always. Happy Anniversary!