Monday, December 19, 2011

What I Really Signed Up for 23 Years Ago



It’s been 23 years since I agreed to unconditionally love, honor, cherish and yes, obey my husband. We’ve come a long way since our "deep-fried days" before I learned to cook. Wow – 23 years! Who really knows what you’re signing up for when you’re young and in love? In reality, I should have said, “I vow to…”

· look for something cute about the way you snore and keep me awake

· keep your sock drawer full (most of the time)

· listen to you “practice” your trumpet each day at the stroke of 7:30am

· keep your dinner warm until you stumble in late from work

· smile from the inside out when you play guitar and sing mariachi songs…to the dogs

· not complain when you leave the toilet seat up and I find out the hard way at 2am

· learn to pack a travel bag for your 5-day business trips at a moment’s notice

· be your partner through life’s rainy days…and walk with you in the sun

· appreciate your drive and ambition

· appreciate your passion

· appreciate your heart

· learn when to hold back…and when to let go

I agreed to compromise, overcome, accept and adapt, to understand, to forgive, to see straight through to the heart of the man my God and savior chose for me – and to be truly thankful for him. I agreed to grow old and gray together with my best friend, to trust and believe in forever.

Still looking forward to spending my forever with you, Matthew. I love you and thank God for you always. Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Happy anniversary you two! Seems like last week we were doing the shower and rehearsal and getting all dolled up for the special day! Hugs to you both.

    Love, Tami

    P.S. Hope your trip was wonderful...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, and I love your list! Bright blessings my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Debbie ~ Happy Anniversary!

    Many blessings dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary - Beautifully written about a beautiful life by a beautiful woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet Debbie! We're so fortunate to have such amazing Men, Brothers!! And of course they're lucky to have us, LOL!
    Love,
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails