Tuesday, February 14, 2012

When I Need a Safe Place to Land

'Pillows detail (application)' photo (c) 2010, Suzette Pauwels - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

It’s that perfect scripture shared by a friend just when I need it most.

It’s the song or hymn felt and heard from somewhere down deep inside.

It’s that sigh when I’m found nestled among pillows on my favorite seat in the house.

It’s that great cup of coffee that soothes away the tension and strife of the day.

When it’s fear and uncertainty that have me alert and jumping, it’s only the Lord who, with one steady wave of His hand, sweeps away all that has me on edge….all that rattles me. He speaks peace to my weary self and breathes comfort and security that claims me as His own.

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8) NIV ~~~ I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
(Psalm 16:8) NIV

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, Debbie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you spread that peace and calm to your readers with every post, Debbie. Love the serenity always found here. Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails