Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Find Your Center


'Thumbprint cookies - Old Xmas Collections' photo (c) 2007, zoyachubby - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/
I remember her tiny fingers swirling through flour releasing frail wisps in afternoon sunlight. And the kitchen all aglow like honey dripping down in late summer with windows open and the fragrant butterfly bush wafting in. Through our giggles and anticipation, together we formed little dough balls on the pan... formed little memories for the heart.

We pressed the centers of each and filled each little well with jellies and preserves. Our eyes grew big knowing the delicious center held the sweetest part.

Makes me think about what’s really at the center…the center of me?

What’s at the center of you?

I’ve thought about it a lot lately…considering my “center” in conversations. Do my words and my actions really reflect what’s within me? Do they reflect who’s within me?

Am I always mindful of the One I serve? The One who brings me through? The One who hears my thoughts and knows my heart?

Do I remember Who’s at the center when I’m discouraged and sad? I rush to speak His name when my soul rejoices, but do I remember my center when the storm rages?

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

(Romans 15:13) NIV

Lord Jesus,

Help me to always feel your presence and hear your voice. May you always be at the center of me, the center of my strength and my courage just as I pray you are with the reader of these words. I thank you and praise you whether in my rejoicing or in the heart of the storm. In Jesus' name. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie - this past weekend I had to dig deep and look into who is at the centre of me. Great post
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie
    I never thought of it like this before. I pray that I always keep JESUS as my center. This is a great reminder. Thank you and GOD bless you.
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great reminder when we are quick to speak, easily angered, that God within us demands unique action. I needed this today! Yes, that Secret Church is through Lifeway and anyone can order a simulcast. That would be great in the mag!:) Thanks for always encouraging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the metaphor using a cookie, your are so creative and have such a beautiful way with words. I'm glad I stopped by for some encouraging words! I'll be thinking about my center the rest of the day! Thanks Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your site through Linkedin. You have a good site. I will return.

    Cecelia Lester

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails