Thursday, June 21, 2012

If You’re Broken Today (Revisited)

I'm sharing a post from last June. Just seems appropriate for so many who are in my thoughts today. God bless you, sister - you are not alone.

'You didn't see me love you' photo (c) 2008, Ashley Webb - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
The sweet words of encouragement come in many forms; the well wishers who send the cards, send the emails, “friend” you through social media. They mean well. Their words are deep and are born out of genuine care and concern.



Yet, words alone don’t keep the walls from tumbling down.
There has to be a point, usually when you’ve fallen to your knees, when they aren’t just “words” anymore. When they’re living and breathing deep within you….when they become the very reason you’re living and breathing.
When it’s all crashing down and you can’t gather the pieces fast enough. When it seems chaos and confusion are your daily “bread” and the devil’s laugh is louder than your prayers….
Speak His Name!
Praise Him right out loud!
Say the words!
“Praise you, Jesus! Praise you, Jesus! All I can do is praise you, Jesus!”
'100 Days Praise Challenge-Day 43' photo (c) 2010, loswl - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Let the cry of your heart and your praises to God force the enemy back to the flames of Hell and simply speak His name…wherever you are.
~~Lord Jesus,
I lift my sweet sister in Christ to you today. She who is overwhelmed and overcome by all that is not of you. You are the God of reconciliation and of healing. You love her more than what is humanly possible and only You can keep the walls from falling. Only You can truly pick up the pieces for her and make her world whole again. I praise you – I speak with my heart and profess with my mouth that You are king of kings and true healing comes from only You! In Your precious name….Amen.
And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power.
(1 Corinthians 6:14)

God Bless you, sweet friend,
Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Debbie. I read this today and felt that it was written specifically for me, especially after the day and L-O-N-G night I had. Thank you so very much. Journaling about what I went through and reading this post today are helping with my healing. Your words, advice and prayer are a definite comfort to me today.

    May you be richly blessed through God,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful writing and wise words for all of us, at all times. We are told to pray without ceasing, and I do pray a lot. As you suggest, sometimes my prayer is simply "praise Jesus".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent my friend. Thank you. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed this today. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise you Jesus! I can't tell you how many times this is all I've had the strength to get out. He always answers.

    Love this post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails