Sunday, June 24, 2012

Seek Him First


 'Sink and granite countertop detail' photo (c) 2010, Brad Bowsher - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
So, the bathroom sink is clogged…again! No amount of plunging, begging or industrial-strength Drano will even touch it this time. It’s pretty bad when you have your favorite plumber on speed dial like I do, but with this house, it’s necessary.
He was out here a month or so ago, snaked the drain clear out to the street and, $75 later, we thought the problem was solved.
Wrong!
This morning, I’m standing at the sink plunging away truly seeing myself and others in a similar life scenario.
When things aren’t quite working out the way we plan or as they should and we get “clogged” or stagnant in our thinking, it takes more than a quick fix to really solve the problem.
When we’re in deep and we reach for the plunger or pull out the Drano to just fix it all, they may work for a little while, but to truly put an end to the problem from the inside out, it takes the Master.
Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. (Psalm 25:5)
'Running Water' photo (c) 2012, HereStanding - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Duh? Why not just go to the source the first time? I thought.
Why? Because the process is never easy. It’s painful and we don’t like pain. We don’t like the discomfort of the cost or the inconvenience. We’re afraid of the work involved even when we’re promised the perfect results when we simply call upon God.
So, why do we keep reaching for the same quick temporary solution expecting different results?
Hmmm….
Today, I pray you reach for the Master – the ONLY One who can break through all the messes in your life. And reach for Him first!
Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! (Psalm 43:3)

3 comments:

  1. As usual your post today is lovely and exactly what I needed to hear today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Debbie ~ I ask myself that all the time. Why do I keep going for the same quick fix? This is a great post and it reminds me to just reach out for Him. He is the fix!
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails