Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Quick Thought of the day: Personal Space


'Shopping Cart' photo (c) 2010, Michael Ocampo - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/Well, it happened again – another pet peeve moment!
Just about nothing grates on my nerves more than someone encroaching on my personal space. And the worst place for this to happen is in the check-out line.
There I was, once again this morning picking up a few groceries at the store, even remembered to ask for postage stamps, but when I turned to reach for them, someone’s face was in the way!
UGGH!
She was in such a hurry to toss her 14 jars of baby food down the belt assuming I’d completed my transaction….yet, I ended up snarling my way out of the store toward the parking lot thinking how completely rude the woman was to push me on my way before I’d had a chance to stuff my debit card back into my wallet!
I tossed my few bags in the trunk and suddenly realized I was in a God moment
'Flowers' photo (c) 2011, Moyan Brenn - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

I wondered about the times I may have done the same thing to Him. I wonder how many times I’ve decided He’s had enough time to accomplish what I want Him to, only to sort of push Him aside thinking it’s my turn to assume control.
Wow….have you ever done that?
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
(Psalm 27:14 NIV)
'Flowers' photo (c) 2005, Domenico Salvagnin - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

3 comments:

  1. Yes. I have and thank you... I needed this reminder just now! Love you friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes have these moments when I am upset about an issue. I get bent out of shape and then catching myself and saying, "It's my own fault." Or, "I'm the cause of this." Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Debbie, this is priceless! I get so irritated in the grocery stores, too. Unfortunately, I have been that person who wishes the gal in front of me would just hurry up and get out of my way. I won't be doing that again!

    And yes, I have nudged God out of the way when I thought he was taking a bit longer than I liked. Yikes!

    Thanks for the eye-opener!

    Blessings, Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails